Monday, December 29, 2008

Connecting

What a self-indulgent day I had today. First a lovely breakfast and visit with dear friend Karla. Sassy Onion is great anytime but it was absolutely wonderful to have a lazy breakfast and conversation. We don't get together often but when we do, it's so comfortable and we just pick up where we left off. Thanks to blogs, we do keep up some in between visits too! Then I spent some time visiting with my mother-in-law, a gutsy 80 year old who had just come back from a long walk in the rain. After seeing the newest grandson, (he is home now), I took Dustin back to our house to get his car (Dan finished working on it). It was nice to visit with him all the way home too. We don't often get that much uninterrupted time together. He stayed to help Dan work outside on the down branches, etc. while I went to visit another friend, Caroll. It was fun seeing her grandchildren and all the differences and similarities of mine! She's another friend I don't see often, but always wonder why I wait so long. I felt a little guilty not helping Dan, but there's always tomorrow!

No comments: