Sunday, November 9, 2008

November weekend

It's been quite a weekend so far. I'm battling the "crud" and trying to stay warm at home when I received a frantic call from daughter-in-law S.K. She'd been in a car accident which totaled the van. Gracey was with her but relatively unharmed, just a "rope burn" from the seat belt. The boys needed to be picked up from where they were so I hopped in the car and went to retrieve them. We went to their house to wait since the police were just on their way to the scene. Finally, they arrived. Gracey stayed with us and a friend took S to the hospital to get checked out. She's suffering with whiplash, concussion and sore muscles. She was uninsured and it was her fault so who knows what she'll do for a car. All the guys are out of town hunting and not in cell phone range, so I took kids and let her rest. Corbyn is at his real dad's relatives for the weekend . Since they are separated, there won't be a car around for her. (Did I mention it was her birthday the next day-what a way to celebrate.) Anyway I'll keep the kids again today, but although they don't have school tomorrow--I do so they'll have to head home this evening I guess. I want so bad to protect these little ones.

No comments: